We hold the Holy Scriptures to be the inspired Word of God, containing all things necessary for salvation, authoritative for the church in every generation, and profitable to equip the people of God for every good work.
We look to the Great Commandments to love God and love our neighbors to guide our life and ministry. Therefore, we value all people of all ages and have ministries for children, adults and will have ministry for teenagers.
We look to the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations as a clarion call to invite people to worship with us, to hear the gospel message and become Christians.
We worship using the 1928 Book of Common Prayer and we affirm the 39 Articles of Religion.
We are a part of The Anglican Church in North America, comprised of over 1,000 churches, and 100,000 Christians. We belong to the Gulf Atlantic Diocese as a regional part of the Anglican Church in North America.
For more information, see: www.anglicanchurch.net or www.gulfatlanticdiocese.org
Our Chapel was built in 1898 by local Episcopal men seeking to provide a place of worship for the Point Clear community. It was originally known as St. Luke’s Mission.
The mission was recognized by the Protestant Episcopal Diocese of Alabama in 1900, and remained a “mission” served by visiting clergy.
The building served worshipers of several denominations in the Point Clear community through the years.
In 1917 a hurricane damaged the original structure but the church was rebuilt the following year in the original style.
In 1954 the church was deconsecrated, sold and turned over to secular use as a curio shop and craft store. In 1984 the church was bought by Deacon Philip Stenzel and his sister, Joan Murphy, and services in the “continuing Anglican church” tradition were begun.
St. Francis at the Point was founded in October 1984 by faithful Christians desiring to maintain the traditional doctrine, discipline and worship of the Traditional Protestant Episcopal Church. In October 2001, we expanded and dedicated a new church for worship.
In 2012 St. Francis at the Point joined the Gulf Atlantic Diocese of the Anglican Church of North America, and is one of about forty congregations in the diocese, which covers Florida, southern Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi.